Compensation amountNormal tickets
- As of 60min. delay: 25% compensation
- As of 120min. delay: 50% compensation
- Trip not taken/ cancellation of the trip: 100% compensation
This applies regardless of how you bought the ticket (online, in the DB app, at the counter, at a vending machine or from the conductor). Your right also applies regardless of whether you have a “Flexticket” or a “normal” ticket as well as a ticket with savings and other discounts.
Compensation is only valid for a single trip and therefore only half the fare for roundtrip travel.Time-period tickets
- BahnCard 100: 10 € (2nd class) / 15 € (1st class)
- Time-period tickets for local transport: 1,50 Euro (2nd class) / 2,25 Euro (1st class)
- Time-period tickets for long-distance transport: 5 € (2nd class) / 7,50 € (1st class)
The compensation for time-period tickets is a lump sum for delays of at least 60 minutes. As well as for cancellation or non-arrival due to corresponding delays or missing the connecting train.